- Olive oil – 2tsp.
- Red onion, diced – 1
- Asparagus, fine sliced – 8
- Salt – to season
- Thickened cream – 300ml
- Eggs – 5
- Tasty cheddar cheese, grated – 55g
- Parmesan, grated – 30g
- Black cracked pepper – to season
- Gotzinger American Rindless Bacon - 12 rashes of bacon
Set the oven to 180°
- Heat olive oil in a pan to a low – medium heat, then add the diced onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the sliced asparagus and cook until they have slightly softened. Season lightly with salt then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the cream, eggs, both cheeses and season lightly with salt and black cracked pepper.
- Stir the asparagus and red onion into the egg mixture.
- Create 6 squares about double the size of each muffin mould, then line the tray with each piece.
- Lay two pieces of bacon on top of each other and loosely create a coil and place into each cup in the tray then fill with quiche mixture – repeat until all 6 are filled.
- Bake for 35 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool down before removing from the muffin tray.