Honestly, who doesn’t love bacon? Bacon for breakfast, lunch, dinner… and dessert? Try making this delicious and easy Bacon Praline to crack over a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream.
- American Rindless Bacon (cut into 2cm thick slices) – 200g
- Caster sugar – 1 cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Cook the bacon in fry pan until crispy – remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to absorb some of the excess fat.
- Scatter the bacon evenly across a baking tray lined with baking paper
- In a small-medium size pot, combine the sugar and water and turn to a medium heat. Be extremely careful when making the toffee and it is very very hot and you can burn yourself if you are not careful.
- Keep your eyes on the sugar as it starts to melt and bubble away as it can burn quickly if you are not watching it.
- Allow for the sugar to become a warm caramel shade before quickly removing from the heat and pouring directly over the bacon to create a sheet of toffee.
- Allow to cool completely before snapping the toffee into shards of praline.
- Serve over a scoop of ice-cream or snap off a piece and eat on its own.
- Consume within 3 hours.