Set oven to 220°
- Take an A4 sheet of cling wrap and place it on the bench.
- Place down 4 strips of bacon lined up next to each other.
- Take another single piece of bacon and thread it through the other strips of bacon.
- And again, take another single piece of bacon and thread it through the other strips of bacon, this time alternating which strips it weaves through so you create a lattice affect.
- Repeat until your lattice is 4 x 4 and ensure the pieces are close together with no gaps.
- Place the wheel of camembert in the center of the lattice and pull the sides of the cling wrap up so that the bacon and cling wrap are tightly and neatly wrapped around the cheese.
- Twist the excess cling wrap to ensure the wrapped cheese is very firm and then place on a tray with the twist at the bottom and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove carefully discard of the cling wrap and gently place the bacon wrapped cheese onto a lined baking tray.
- Place a handful of thyme sprigs on top of the bacon wrapped camembert and bake it the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve alongside good quality black berry jam and some dipping crackers.