Plain flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Caster sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – pinch
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 2 cups
- Butter – 35g
- Butter – 50g (5 x 10g portions)
- Bananas, sliced – 3
- Gotzinger American Rindless Bacon – 400g
- Golden syrup – to serve
- In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together well the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Using a whisk, stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until combined well to create the batter.
- Put a small-medium sized fry pan onto a medium heat and add the first 10g of butter. Once melted pour about a cup full of batter into the pan.
- Place several pieces of banana onto the pancake.
- Flip the pancake once a few bubbles have risen to the surface of the pancake.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes until both sides are golden.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and repeat starting with another piece of butter until you have roughly 5 pancakes.
- Heat a larger pan to a medium – high heat and add the bacon. Cook until it starts to become golden and crispy for about 5 minutes or so.
- Serve the pancakes with a generous portion of bacon on top and drizzle with golden syrup.