- Small scrubbed white potatoes (cut in half) – 12
- Salt – to season
- Spring onion (finely sliced) – 6
- Sour cream – ¾ cup
- Good quality egg mayonnaise – ¾ cup
- Lemon juice – squeeze to taste
- Garlic clove (finely grated) – 1
- Dried basil – 1 tsp
- Cracked black pepper – to season
- Toasted pine nuts – ½ cup
- Olive oil – 1tbsp
- Gotzinger Continental Franks (sliced into 2cm thick pieces) – 1 pack
- Place the potatoes into a large pot, fill with water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Drain the water once the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with ¾ of the sliced spring onions (set the rest aside for the garnish).
- Set aside until the potatoes are cool enough to be covered and then chill in the fridge until completely cooled down.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, dried basil, cracked black pepper, 2/3 of the pine nuts (set the rest aside for the garnish) and season with salt.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium sized frying pan, then turn to a medium heat. Add the sausages to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until they are quite golden brown with crunchy edges.
- Once the sausages are ready, set them aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the chilled potatoes from the fridge and fold the sauce through – ensure the potatoes are well coated.
- Sprinkle the rest of the pine nuts over the top, followed by the crunchy pieces of sausage and a sprinkle of spring onions.
- Once garnished, the potato salad is ready to be served.