- Unsalted Butter (melted) – 100g
- Sliced bread (of your choice) – 12 slices
- Olive oil – 1tsp.
Götzinger German Bratwurst – 1 x 400g pack
- Sauerkraut – 12tb sp.
- German mustard – to serve
- Fresh picked parsley – to garnish
Heat the oven to 180°
- Take a 12-piece cupcake tin and brush each mold with butter.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out large a large circle from each slice of bread. The cookie cutter must be large enough to cut out large a perfect circle with no crusts within the circle (one circle per slice).
- Press each circular piece of bread into the molds to create a small cup. Brush with melted butter and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the olive oil to a medium sized pan and turn to a medium heat. Cook the German Bratwursts in the pan (turn regularly) for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown and heated internally.
- Remove the bread cups from the oven
- Drain the sauerkraut in a bowl with a paper towel. Fill each bread cup with 1tbsp. of sauerkraut.
- Slice the German Bratwurst sausages into 3 which will equal 12 pieces total.
- Top each cup with a piece of sausage, a small squeeze of German mustard and garnish with a parsley leaf.