- Unsalted butter (melted) – 30g
- Shortcrust pastry – 2 sheets.
- Unsalted butter – 15g
- Leak (fine sliced) – 1
- Eggs (beaten) – 5
- Thickened cream – 300ml
- Cheddar (grated) – 55g
- Parmesan (grated) – 30g
- Ham (diced) – 250g
- Seeded mustard – 1tb sp.
- Salt – to season
- Pepper – to season
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush a 24 x 3.5cm tart tin with melted butter then drape the softened pastry over the tin and press down gently to line. Any overlapping pastry should be molded together and the edges that hang over the tin trimmed.
- Dock the pastry base (pricking with a fork) then line with baking paper and fill with baking beads. Bake for 15 minutes before removing from the oven and removing the baking beads and baking paper.
- Melt the butter in small fry pan and then add the sliced leak and cook until the leak has softened down.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cheddar, parmesan, leek, diced ham and seeded mustard and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell and bake for 35 – 40 minutes until the quiche is set and the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.