- Unsalted butter – 50g
- Brown onions (fine sliced) - 2
- Salt – to season
- Pepper – to season
- Apple cider – 100ml
- Olive oil – 1tsp.
Götzinger’s Café Chipolatas – 14 pieces (roughly one 400g pack)
- Small (roughly 10-15cm long) mini hot dog rolls (sliced down the center) - 7
- Melt the butter in a large pan on low heat, then add the sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook for roughly 40 minutes until the onions are soft and deep caramel colour – stir regularly.
- Once the onions are the desired colour, turn up the heat slightly and add the apple cider. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized pan and add olive oil followed by the chipolatas – turn regularly. Cook for 5 minutes or until the sausages are golden on the outside.
- Place 2 of the chipolatas into each roll and top with the cider onions to serve.