- Red potatoes (diced to the size of a cherry tomato) – 1kg
- Olive oil – 7tb sp.
- Salt – to season
- Brown onion (fine sliced) – 1
- Garlic cloves (fine sliced) – 2
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp.
- Tin of crushed tomatoes – 200g
- Smoked paprika – 2 tsp.
- Hot chili powder – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Cracked black pepper – to season
Götzinger Smallgoods Spanish Chorizo (2cm thick slices) – 2 sausages
- Aioli – drizzle
- Continental parsley leaves – to garnish
Heat the oven to 180°
Place the diced potatoes onto lined baking trays and drizzle with 4 tb sp. of olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat the potatoes well and then place in the oven to roast for 1 hour.
In a pan, heat the extra olive oil, then add the sliced onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Stir through the tomato paste cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, smoked paprika, hot chili powder, sugar and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes – stirring regularly.
- Remove the sauce from the pan and set aside.
- Turn up the heat and cook the sliced chorizo in the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn regularly.
- Add the sauce back into the pan with the chorizo and heat the sauce back up for 2 minutes on a medium heat.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and place them into a serving dish. Top with the chorizo and sauce and finish with a drizzle of aioli on top and garnish with a few parsley leaves.