- Pumpkin ravioli – 325g
- Gotzinger’s American Rindless Bacon (cut into 2cm slices) – 200g
- Walnuts (roughly chopped) – 80g
- Shallot (fine diced) - 1
- Sage leaves – 5
- Salt – to season
- Put a large pot of seasoned water on the stove and bring to the boil.
- In a large pan, fry off the bacon till slightly coloured, then add the shallots.
- Once the water is boiled, cook the ravioli in the water for about 4-5 minutes or according to cooking time on the packet.
- Add the walnuts and sage leaves to the pan with bacon and toss together, allow for the sauce mixture to cook for about 4 minutes or until the pasta is ready.
- Before draining the ravioli, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the bacon sauce.
- Pour about ½ a cup of the water to ravioli and allow to simmer until the sauce thickens – add extra liquid if it becomes too dry.
Toss all together to ensure the ravioli is coated, then serve.