- Pumpkin (skin removed and diced 1x1inch) – 300g
- Olive oil – 2tb sp.
- Salt – to season
- Cracked black pepper – to season
- Unsalted butter – 30g + extra to for the baking tin.
- Brown onion (sliced) – ½
- Short crust pastry – 1.5 sheets.
Götzinger Wood Smoked Kabana (sliced into 2cm thick pieces) – 200g
- Eggs – 5
- Thickened cream – 300ml
- Goats cheese – 70g
Heat the oven to 180°
Scatter the cubes of pumpkin on a lined tray, then drizzle the olive oil over the top. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Put the tray in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and golden.
- In a fry pan, melt the butter and add the onions.
- Cook on a low – medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent – season with salt.
- Remove the pastry from the freezer and allow for it to thaw.
- Soften the extra butter in the microwave (until it is soft not melted), then brush the inside of the baking tin until all the inner surfaces are brushed with butter.
- Line the tin with the thawed pastry, and over lap any gaps with the extra half sheet of pastry- press down to mold any seems together. Carefully remove any overhanging pastry from the edges of the tin.
- Doc the pastry by pressing small holes into the pastry base with a fork. Line the pastry with baking paper and then fill with the baking beads.
- Bake the pastry for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven then remove the beads and baking paper.
- Fill the empty pastry shell with the onion, pumpkin and pieces of kabana.
- Whisk the eggs and the cream together in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the quiche mixture into the tart shell till it is full but not overflowing.
- Dot pieces of the goats cheese on top of the quiche.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.