- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Red Onion (Diced) – 1
- Garlic Cloves (Finely Sliced) – 2
- Chili Flakes – ½ tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – 2 tsp.
- Tomato Passata – 700g
- 400g Tin of Butter Beans (Drained) – 2
- Water – 700ml
- Honey – 1 tbsp.
- Cracked Black Pepper – to season
- Salt – to season
Gotzinger Continental Franks (Sliced into 2cm pieces) – 1 packet
- Baby Spinach – 120g
- Poached Eggs – to serve
- Crusty Toasted Bread – to serve
- Parsley (Finely Chopped) – to garnish
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on a medium temperature.
- Add onion, garlic, chili flakes and fennel seeds – cook until onions are translucent.
- Add passata, beans, water and honey then season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Increase the heat, and reduce the sauce for 25 minutes – stir regularly.
- Add the pieces of Gotzinger Continental Franks to the pot and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Prepare your eggs, toast and parsley.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the spinach and stir through until it wilts in the sauce.
- To serve, place a generous portion of the tomatoey bean stew into a bowl, top with your poached eggs, a side of crusty toasted bread and a sprinkle of parsley.