- Olive oil – 2tb sp.
- Garlic clove (finely sliced) – 1
Götzinger Spanish Chorizo (cut into 1cm slices) – 1 pack of 4
- Brown onion (small diced) – 1
- Long red chili (finely sliced) – 1
- Smoked paprika – 3tsp.
- Short grain rice (washed and drained well) – 2 cups
- Frozen baby peas – 1 cup
- White wine – 1 cup
- Chicken stock – 2 cups
- Salt – to season
- Pepper – to season
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and then add the sliced garlic. Allow the garlic to fry until it is golden brown, then remove and set aside.
- In the same oil, cook the chorizo slices until coloured on all sides, then remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and chilli and allow to cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the paprika and the rice to the pot and stir to allow everything to mix together – cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes and stir regularly.
- Stir through the peas into the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and chicken stock.
- Bring the pot to the boil. Once it reaches boiling point, reduce the heat and put the lid on. Allow the rice to absorb the liquid for 15 minutes.
- Stir through the chorizo pieces and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- After a few minutes remove from the heat to serve. Garnish with the fried pieces of garlic on top