- Olive oil – 2tbsp
- Brown onion (sliced) – 1
- Small white cup of mushrooms (sliced) – 200g
- Sweet paprika – 2tsp
- Cracked black pepper – to season.
- Beef stock – 1.5 cups
- Plain flour – 1.5tbsp
Götzinger Kransky Sausages (sliced) – 4 sausages
- Salt – to season
- Sour cream – ½ cup
- Fresh chives (chopped) – 2tbsp
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat, then add the olive oil followed by the sliced onions. Cook the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot, followed by the paprika, and season with pepper. Stir and cook until the mushrooms have softened and gained colour.
- Add 1 cup of the beef stock to the pan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour into the last ½ cup of beef stock – ensure there are no lumps of flour in the liquid.
- Stir the flour and stock mixture into the simmering pan. This will help to thicken the sauce.
- In a separate fry pan, cook the sliced Kransky (use a touch of olive oil if your pan is not non-stick).
- Ensure you turn the sausages and after 3-5 minutes once both sides of the sausages have gained colour, add the sausages to the mushroom sauce.
- Stir the sour cream into the sauce and ensure the sauce is simmering again.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil – season with salt.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente, then strain the water and fold the pasta into the sauce.
- To serve, spoon a portion into a bowl and garnish with chives.