Orange & 5 Spice Glazed HamIngredients
- 7kg whole smoked leg ham, on the bone
- 500ml (2 cups) fresh squeezed orange juice
- Whole cloves, to stud
- 125g (3/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 170g (1/2 cup) orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place an oven shelf in the lowest position and remove other shelves. Preheat oven to 170°C. Use a small sharp knife to cut around the shank in a zigzag pattern, about 10cm from the end. Carefully run the knife under the rind around the edge of the ham. Gently lift rind off by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Score fat in a diamond pattern, about 5mm deep. Stud centres of diamonds with cloves.
- Combine the sugar, marmalade, Chinese five spice and mustard in a bowl until smooth. Place the ham, fat-side-up, in a large baking dish. Pour the orange juice into the dish. Brush one-third of the glaze over the ham.
- Bake the ham for 30 minutes. Brush with half the remaining glaze. Bake, brushing once with remaining glaze, for a further 1 1/4 hours or until ham is cooked through and the surface is sticky and golden. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest before carving.
Put your orders in at Gotzinger Deli for a Gotzinger Christmas Ham. Call (07) 5549 2105.
The Castrol Gold Coast 600 is done! What a weekend!
Unfortunately, the #4 car didn’t get to race on Sunday due to damage caused in qualifying, despite this we had a fantastic time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
Gold Coast marks the end our partnership with Chris van der Drift, we would like to thank Chris and his team for an exciting past few months of Supercars action and wish him all the best in his future racing endeavours!
We would also like to thank the Erebus Motorsport V8 team and Betty at Erebus Motorsport for having us come along for the ride! Good luck to all races in the future and we hope you enjoyed the sausages!
Cheers, The Götzinger Team!