Götzinger American Rindless Bacon (cut into 1inch pieces) – 1 pack
- Shallot (fine sliced) – 1
- Garlic clove (fine sliced) – 1
- Carrot and cabbage coleslaw mix – 200g
- Fresh udon noodles – 400g
- Light soy sauce – 2tb sp.
- Chilli oil (with crunchy pieces through) – 2.5tb sp.
- Honey – 1tb sp.
- Fried egg – one per serving
- Spring onion (fine sliced) – to garnish
- Black and white sesame seeds – to garnish
Cook the bacon in a large pan on a high heat until crispy – remove from pan and set aside.
Lower the temperature to a medium heat and using the remaining bacon oil, cook the shallots and garlic until the shallots are translucent.
Add the coleslaw mix and noodles into the pan followed by the soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook until the vegetables and noodles have softened.
Add the chili oil, honey and bacon pieces to the pan and stir through.
- To serve, fill a bowl with the noodles, top with a fried egg and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.