- White potatoes (grated) – 250g
- Green baby peas (defrosted and smashed) – ½ cup
- Cheddar cheese (grated) – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Salt and pepper– to season
Götzinger Rookworst – ½ Rookworst
- Olive oil – 2tbsp
- Chive (fine chopped) – to garnish
Put a medium size pot of water on the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the grated potatoes and smashed peas. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the vegetables and discard of the liquid.
- Add the cheese and eggs to the mix, season with salt and pepper and combine well.
- Place the Rookworst in the simmering water and cook for 5 – 8 minutes until heated through then remove and set aside.
- Heat a large pan to a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Take large fistfuls of the vegetable mixture, squeeze out any extra liquid again and then add half the mixture to the pan. Flatten out the mixture and allow for the fritter to get crispy on one side for roughly 1-2 minutes before flipping. Remove and drain excess oil on a paper towel. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Slice the Rookworst into inch thick pieces.
- To serve, stack the rosti, then top with slices of Rookworst and garnish with chives.