- Olive oil – 1tb sp.
- Leek (finely sliced) – 1
- Garlic clove (finely sliced) 1
- 420g Can of butter beans (drained) – 2x
- Chicken stock – 1L
- Cracked black pepper – to season
- Kale (stems roved) – 80g
- Götzinger Smallgoods Rookworst – 1 sausage
Heat the olive oil in a large pot then add the leeks and garlic.
Add the beans to the pot and then pour in the chicken stock and season generously with black pepper.
Bring the liquid to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the kale to the pot and allow to soften for about 5-10 minutes.
Add the whole Rookworst to the pot and ensure it is covered with the liquid. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the Rookworst from the soup and cut into 1inch thick slices. Add the sausage back into the soup.
- To serve, ladle the soup into a bowl and serve with crusty buttered bread.