- Olive oil – 4.5tbl spoons
- Red onion (cut into 0.5cm thick slices) – 1
- Chili flakes – 0.5 tsp (or more if you prefer)
- Garlic cloves (Finely minced) – 3
- Truss tomatoes (Stems removed and cut into 8ths) – 12
- Salt – to taste and to season pasta water
- Caster sugar – 1tbl spoon
- Rigatoni (dry pasta) – 250g
- Gotzinger’s Cheese Kransky Chipolatas (sliced into 2cm pieces) – 275g
- Basil leave – 1 handful
- Pepper – to taste
- Parmesan – to serve
- Heat 4 tbl spoons of olive oil in a large pot and add sliced red onion – cook until translucent.
- Once translucent, fry off the chili flakes and garlic in the pot until aromatic then add tomatoes. Stir regularly and allow for them to soften and break down – roughly 30 minutes on medium heat.
- At the 30 minute point, bring a large pot of seasoned water to the boil, and reduce the heat on the tomatoes.
- Season the tomatoes well with salt and pepper and add the sugar.
- Once your water is boiled add pasta and cook till al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 0.5 tbl spoon of olive oil in a pan and fry off the Gotzinger Cheese Kransky Chipolata’s – set aside.
- Strain off your pasta and fold it through the sauce, along with the Gotzinger Cheese Kransky Chipolata’s and torn basil.
- Serve into a large bow for sharing and top with fresh basil and parmesan