- Unsalted butter (melted) – 100g
- Sliced bread (of your choice) – 12 slices
- Eggs (hard-boiled, peeled and roughly chopped) – 4
- Mayonnaise – 5tb sp
- Dijon Mustard – 3 tsp
- Seeded Mustard – 3tsp
- Cornichons (finely sliced) – 40g
- Cracked Black Pepper – to season
Götzinger Smallgoods Black Pudding (sliced into 12 pieces) – 300g
- Olive oil – ½ tbsp
- Fresh chives (fine chopped) – 10g
Heat the oven to 180°
- Take a 12-piece cupcake tin and brush each mold with butter.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out large a large circle from each slice of bread. The cookie cutter must be large enough to cut out large a perfect circle with no crusts within the circle (one circle per slice).
Press each circular piece of bread into the molds to create a small cup. Brush with melted butter and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven once ready and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, seeded mustard, and cornichons and season with cracked black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan then add the black pudding pieces. Cook for 5-10 minutes turning regularly.
To assemble the canapés, scoop 1tbsp. of the smashed devilled eggs mix into each toast cup. Top with a piece of black pudding and garnish with chopped chives and serve.